The Program Manager provides staff supervision and administers services within the Behavioral Health Department. Responsibilities include: developing and implementing policies and procedures; supervising, training and mentoring team members; implementing, monitoring and advancing quality and performance outcomes; ensuring compliance with relevant standards of care, laws and regulations. Program managers may provide direct care as determined by program/staff needs and to maintain familiarity with service delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
· Works with the Director of Program Services and leadership team to promote the organization’s mission and strategic objectives within assigned areas. Develops ideas for enhancing existing programs or implementing new services within this framework.
· Engages program coordinators, associate managers and program leads as direct reports within identified areas to fulfill responsibilities and objectives. Provides mentorship and supports leadership opportunities for program coordinators, associate managers and program leads.
· Ensures that funder requirements are met including service goals and performance measures. Implements quality/performance improvement efforts. Responsible for site visit preparation and audit processes in assigned areas.
· Prepares, gathers and reports data for various constituencies which may include organization leadership, funders, staff, patients/clients and the public.
· Represents the agency at community meetings and venues. Engages with organizations, businesses, etc. that may serve as points of entry or referral sources for patients/clients to enter into services. Strategizes outreach activities to promote services and education in the community; coordinates efforts to align with broader organizational goals. Develops and disseminates communication tools to reach target populations for assigned program areas.
· Collaborates internally and externally to maintain effective relationships.
· Supervises, mentors, evaluates and supports direct reports and provides management coverage and oversight to other team members as needed. Participates in hiring, disciplinary and termination processes.
· Facilitates patients’/clients’ access to medical care, behavioral health, support services, insurance coverage, benefits and other resources within assigned program areas, across the organization and through community resources.
· Responsible for ensuring timely, accurate and complete documentation at the patient/client and aggregate levels in systems and formats required for assigned program areas.
· Works with the Director of Program Services to ensure contract requirements are met including service objectives/work plans, performance measures, standards of care and budgets.
· Participates in community needs assessments, program planning and resource allocation activities; develops, evaluates and adapts programs in response to identified needs and opportunities.
· Models effective customer service and problem solving techniques; upholds a professional environment that promotes teamwork, excellence and respect for patients/clients, their families, coworkers, colleagues and others.
· Develops, reviews and updates policies, procedures and practices to promote effective, patient/client centered care, productivity, fiscal responsibility, safety, risk management, employee engagement and satisfaction.
· Upholds compliance efforts. Ensures confidentiality and privacy practices in accordance with agency policies, HIPAA and relevant laws, regulations and contractual obligations.
· Opens and closes various service buildings, as needed.
· Supports the organization by completing administrative duties including but not limited to chairing committees, submitting direct report timesheets, completing direct report performance evaluations, drafting memos to the organization, drafting policies for the organization, facilitating meetings, etc.
· Assists with addressing patient/client complaints, as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Master’s degree in social work required. Full licensure required. Extensive professional experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirements.
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in social services, health care, public health or a related field and 2 years’ management/supervisory experience required.
This position will supervise generally in the range of 5 to 15 direct reports consisting of direct service staff and depending on assigned programs, may include interns and one or more program coordinator/lead or associate manager.
This position may require local travel as well as limited in-state and out of state travel.
SALARY RANGE & BENEFITS:
· Annual salary range based on assigned program areas and related degree/licensure requirements.
· Benefits include paid time off, agency recognized holidays, medical, vision, dental, disability and life insurance after 90 days, subject to agency and insurance eligibility criteria.
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position is full time, predominantly during business hours Monday through Friday and will require some evening and weekend hours. The position is based in Detroit. Work is generally performed within the office environment and includes significant in person, phone and email contact with staff, patients/clients, funders and the general public. This position reports to the Director of Program Services.
HELP/CHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values a diverse workforce. HELP/CHC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability and any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants who identify as LGBTQ+ and those who represent minority and/or underserved communities are strongly encouraged to apply.