POSITION SUMMARY: The Case Manager is responsible for providing accessible & culturally competent case management services to individuals living with HIV including, but not limited to, assessment of need, service planning, reassessments, treatment education, adherence counseling, linkages and referrals to public and privates services and programs, information dissemination, financial resource management, advocacy, mental health assessment, service plan follow-up, and discharge planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Promotes the organization’s mission, vision, and strategic objectives within assigned area.
- Knowledge of HIV including risk factors, medical care needs, psychosocial challenges and community resources.
- Conducts intakes and psychosocial assessments within required timeframe, ensuring complete, accurate and timely case notes, record-keeping, and reports. Maintains thorough and complete programmatic records to include documentation of services provided and outcomes.
- Develops care plans with clients focusing on access to and continuation in medical care and treatment adherence.
- Identifies resources, advocates and provides guidance/referrals. Facilitates clients’ access to medical treatment, insurance coverage, substance abuse treatment, mental health care, entitlements, community based programs and other resources.
- Educates clients on health information including risk reduction.
- Monitors clients’ progress and performs required follow up.
- Responds to walk-in clients and phone calls in a timely manner.
- Engages communities and providers in Metropolitan Detroit to develop or expand access to services.
- Maintains documentation in client files and computer data system according to agency standards.
- Represents the agency at community meetings and venues. Participates in outreach activities to promote services and education in the community.
- Collaborates internally and externally to maintain effective relationships.
- Demonstrates effective customer service and problem solving techniques; upholds a professional environment that promotes teamwork, excellence and respect for patients/clients, their families, coworkers, colleagues and others.
- Upholds compliance efforts. Ensures confidentiality and privacy practices in accordance with agency policies, HIPAA and relevant laws, regulations and contractual obligations.
- Participates in staff meetings and staff development trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in social work or related field preferred. Bachelor’s Degree required. Case Management certification required within one year of hire.
- Two years case management, social service or related experience required.
- Excellent customer service skills as well as the ability to professionally interact with individuals from diverse populations to accommodate social and cultural differences.
- Familiarity with and ability to navigate and execute software programs (i.e. Microsoft Office, Database, Electronic Health Records).
- Excellent time management, project management, organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Must complete the following trainings once hired:
- Certified Application Counselor training within first 60 days
- MI Bridges Community Partner and Navigation Referral training within first 60 days
- Medicaid/Medicare Assistance Program certification within first year
- Certification in HIV counseling and testing required within 6 months of hire.
This position may require local travel as well as limited in-state and out of state travel. You must be able to provide proof of having a current, valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and current automobile insurance.
SALARY RANGE & BENEFITS
- $18.75 – $24 per hour based on assigned program area and related degree/licensure requirements.
- Benefits include paid time off, agency recognized holidays, medical (100% employer-paid health benefits), vision, dental, disability and life insurance after 60 days, subject to agency and insurance eligibility criteria.
- Robust employee development fund/opportunities for professional growth.
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position is full time, non-exempt. Work hours are predominantly during business hours Monday through Friday and may require some evening and weekend hours. The position is based in Detroit but remote work may occur periodically. Work is generally performed within the office environment and includes significant in person, phone and email contact with staff, patients/clients, funders and the general public. You must have the ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds for outreach events. This position reports to the Care Management Program Manager.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT
All applicants are required to provide proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with an FDA or WHO authorized vaccine prior to their start date. Any exception to this policy for medical or religious reasons much be submitted in writing.
Corktown Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values a diverse workforce. Corktown Health does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability and any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants who identify as LGBTQ+ and those who represent minority and/or underserved communities are strongly encouraged to apply.