Provides client services in the assigned areas of housing and emergency financial/utility assistance programs. Performs client intakes, reviews documents and assesses eligibility based on established policies and procedures. Serves as a liaison with referral sources, landlords, utility providers and collaborating organizations to assess and expand clients’ access to services. Responsible for documentation, data entry and integrity of agency information regarding the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
· Processes requests for housing and emergency financial assistance. Handles client inquiries, performs intakes, assesses eligibility and communicates with clients regarding their application and services.
· Completes appropriate documentation for all services rendered.
· Interacts with vendors, landlords, collaborating agencies and other parties to facilitate client services.
· Follows agency and funder requirements in determining eligibility and use of funds.
· Supports delivery of client services for the agency as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Must have great organizational skills and be able to multi-task.
· Excellent customer service skills as well as the ability to professionally interact with individuals from diverse populations and accommodate social and cultural differences.
· Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
· Knowledge of HIV including risk factors, disease processes, opportunistic infections and treatment.
· Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field preferred. Associate’s degree or two years college coursework required.
· Minimum two years’ relevant work experience required.
This position does not supervise staff
This position may require local travel as well as limited in-state and out of state travel.
HOURLY RANGE & BENEFITS
· $15.50 – $18.50 hourly range based on experience and related degree/licensure requirements.
· Benefits include paid time off, agency recognized holidays, medical, vision, dental, disability and life insurance after 90 days, subject to agency and insurance eligibility criteria.
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position is full time, predominantly during business hours Monday through Friday and will require some evening and weekend hours/shifts. The position is primarily based in Detroit. Work is generally performed within the office environment and includes significant in person, phone and email contact with staff, patients/clients, funders and the general public. This position reports to the Support Services Program Manager.
HELP/CHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values a diverse workforce. HELP/CHC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability and any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants who identify as LGBTQ+ and those who represent minority and/or underserved communities are strongly encouraged to apply.