The Peer Navigator will guide and support Corktown Health clients/patients. They will work with the program team to recruit and enroll individuals in the financial support services programs. The Peer Navigator will also provide confidential assistance and support to individuals accessing community resources and services. This individual will use their personal experience to offer guidance and encouragement to clients/patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with agency program staff to enhance the client/patient experience at Corktown Health.
- Identifies client/patient needs and barriers to accessing services.
- Delivers interventions and reports on activities and outcomes.
- Assists with co-facilitating psychosocial support sessions.
- Coordinates care and offers additional resources and referrals for clients/patients to ensure uninterrupted health care and medication access.
- Provides outreach and health education in community and health care settings about general risk reduction and information on additional agency services.
- Completes appropriate documentation and enters data for all services rendered in designated systems.
- Adheres to HIPAA privacy standards and program specific grant requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of HIV including risk factors, medical care needs, psychosocial challenges and community resources.
- Knowledge of housing and employment resources in the Metro-Detroit area.
- Excellent customer service skills as well as the ability to professionally interact with individuals from diverse populations and accommodate social and cultural differences.
- Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- The ideal candidate is an individual that identifies as transgender or non-binary or has extensive experience working within the focus community.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience working with community members and key stakeholders.
- Successful completion of Counseling, Testing & Referral certification within 90 days of employment.
This position does not supervise staff.
This position may require local travel as well as limited in-state and out of state travel.
SALARY RANGE & BENEFITS
$15.00 to $18.00 hourly
No benefits are included with this position.
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position is contingent. Although work will predominantly take place during daytime and early evening hours Monday through Friday, this position does require some later evening and weekend hours for outreach. Work is generally performed within an office and/or clinic environment and includes significant in person, phone and email contact with clients, staff and the general public. This position reports to the Program Manager.
Please submit resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Peer Navigator in the subject line. No phone calls and no recruiters, please. Applicants responding by September 10, 2021 will receive priority consideration.
Corktown Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values a diverse workforce. Corktown Health does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability and any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants who identify as LGBTQ+ and those who represent minority and/or underserved communities are strongly encouraged to apply.