POSITION SUMMARY: Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist (TTS) provides education on the effects of commercial tobacco products and electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS). This individual supports clients in reducing/quitting tobacco.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform client intakes, reviews eligibility and engages clients based on established policies and procedures.
- Assess individuals’ readiness to quit tobacco; develops and implements individualized treatment plans; guides and supports participants in reducing and/or eliminating tobacco use utilizing a variety of methods.
- Deliver one-on-one counseling, facilitates groups, provides resources and makes referrals for counseling, support groups, lung cancer screenings, the Michigan Tobacco Quitline, etc.
- Complete appropriate documentation and enters data in designated systems.
- Conduct outreach activities to promote awareness of the agency’s programs, advance health education and increase client engagement.
- Provides health education in related areas and will be expected to understand and convey tobacco risks associated with comorbidities including HIV, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, substance use, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a health, education or human service related field and two years’ relevant work experience required.
- Successful completion of Tobacco Treatment Specialist certification is required within one year of hire date.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills as well as the ability to professionally interact with individuals from diverse populations and accommodate social and cultural differences.
- Strong organizational skills and computer literacy including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of tobacco dependence issues is preferred.
This position does not supervise staff.
This position requires some local travel in metropolitan Detroit, limited in-state travel for meetings/trainings and may include one out of state conference/training per year.
SALARY RANGE & BENEFITS
- · $17.00 to $21.00 hourly
- Benefits include paid time off, agency recognized holidays, medical, vision, dental, disability and life insurance after 60 days, subject to agency and insurance eligibility criteria.
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position is full time. Although work will predominantly take place during daytime and early evening hours Monday through Friday, this position does require some later evening and weekend hours for outreach. You must have the ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds for outreach events. Work is generally performed within an office and/or clinic environment and includes significant in person, phone and email contact with clients, staff and the general public. This position reports to the Program Manager.
Corktown Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values a diverse workforce. Corktown Health does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability and any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants who identify as LGBTQ+ and those who represent minority and/or underserved communities are strongly encouraged to apply.