The Therapist provides general psychotherapy services (individual and some couples and group therapy) with a focus on serving adults who are HIV positive and/or identify as LGBTQ+.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assesses and evaluates individuals through interviews, case histories, observational techniques, and other methods. Selects, administers and interprets psychological tests to assess behaviors, intelligence, aptitude, abilities or interests. Analyzes data to identify symptoms and diagnose clients within the scope of the program and licensure.
· Develops therapeutic treatment plans based on individual interests, abilities and needs of clients. Counsels clients to help them understand personal or interactive problems, define goals, and develop realistic action plans.
· Advises clients on the potential benefits of counseling; Makes referrals to specialists or other providers/programs as appropriate.
· Collaborates with team members in behavioral health, medical providers, consulting psychiatrists, case managers and support programs to coordinate services effectively for clients.
· Maintains documentation in clients’ electronic health records and other systems according to professional practice, agency standards and billing requirements. Prepares insurance related paperwork as required for reimbursement.
· Adheres to relevant standards of care, Michigan Public Health Code, Michigan Mental Health Code and relevant professional standards.
· Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Master’s Degree in Social Work required.
· Michigan licensure or limited licensure as a Masters Social Worker with a Clinical Specialty required.
· Credentialed with major Medicaid plans strongly preferred.
· Two years of experience providing therapy to adults required including experience in integrating substance abuse and medical co-morbidities with mental health issues.
· Counseling skills including social perceptiveness, learning strategies, critical thinking, active listening/learning, deductive and inductive reasoning, sensitivity and complex problem solving.
· Experience working with LGBTQ+, HIV positive, homeless and/or chronically ill populations strongly preferred.
· Excellent communication and customer service skills as well as the ability to professionally interact with individuals from diverse populations and accommodate social and cultural differences.
· Ability to work independently, manage schedules and billing requirements with minimal supervision.
· Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and aptitude for learning and using electronic medical records.
All applicants are required to provide proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with an FDA- or WHO-authorized vaccine prior to their start date. Any exception to this policy for medical or religious reasons must be submitted in writing.
This position will not supervise staff directly but may supervise interns.
This position may require local travel as well as limited in-state and out of state travel.
· This position is contractual. Hourly rate is negotiable.
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
Working hours are negotiable. Weekday, evening and weekend hours are available. The position is hybrid. Work can occur via telehealth and in-person. This position reports to the Behavioral Health Program Manager.
Corktown Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values a diverse workforce. Corktown Health does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability and any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants who identify as LGBTQ+ and those who represent minority and/or underserved communities are strongly encouraged to apply.